Two company on board Royal Caribbean Cruise check constructive for Covid
Two guests on board Royal Caribbean Cruises’ Adventure of the Seas ship tested positive for Covid-19 in routine tests and are now returning home, the company said on Thursday.
This comes after two guests tested positive on Royal Caribbean’s Celebrity Millennium cruise and the company’s Odyssey of the Seas was delayed from sailing after eight crew members tested positive.
Both guests were unvaccinated and under 16 years old. One guest is asymptomatic and the other has mild symptoms.
Other guests traveling with the two minors and guests who have come into close contact with them have all been vaccinated and tested negative, according to the company.
The guests and fellow travelers disembarked in the Bahamas and are on their way home to Florida.
According to Royal Caribbean, 92% of guests on the Adventures of the Seas ship are fully vaccinated, and the remaining 8% of guests are under 16 years of age. All crew members are fully vaccinated.
The CDC allowed cruises to return this year with strict safety protocols and requirements to prevent outbreaks from occurring on board after multiple outbreaks on board ships last year.
The cruise industry is among the last to return to pre-pandemic surgery due to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict guidelines.
Cruise ship stocks have fallen again after taking a major blow during the pandemic.
Royal Caribbean Cruises line stocks are up more than 16% this year, hitting a market cap of just over $ 22 billion.